Tuesday, June 11, 2013

It started out as a Traditional Slab but ended up looking like this

Seems to happen quite often.

Sometimes with making bonsai pots you have a rough idea in your head, but when it actually comes down to it,  the clay seems to want you to make it into something else. So I just go with the flow.

I guess thats why I enjoy making the rustic type pots and slabs. The traditional rules of proportion and shapes etc dont apply.   With these you can be a bit more creative.

This one's about 47cm long.  It'll shrink alot as it drys.

I managed to take these photos on the way to the laundry.  No I don't leave clay pots sitting on the kitchen table (not any more)

It'll be covered with a black rubbish bag and left to dry very slowly.

The freezer in the laundry is now covered with drying pots.  Its a bit of a mission getting meat out for tea at times.  I hold the lid up gently, while my daughter puts her little hand through the  gap and grabs whatever she can reach.  The pots havent managed to slide off yet - touch wood.

Those potters that have a studio are soooo lucky.   Maybe one day (sigh)

No comments:

Post a Comment